The Arkansas Career Pathways Initiatives
The Career Pathways Initiative (CPI), administered by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education at 25 two-year colleges across the state, has provided case management support, education, and training to more than 30,000 low-income Arkansas parents since 2006, helping them acquire degrees and certificates that prepare them to obtain and hold jobs in selected high-demand and higher-wage industries. Funds for the program come from federal Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) appropriations administered through the state Department of Workforce Services.
Arkansas’ innovative program is made possible by funding from the Arkansas Department of Workforce Services (DWS). Since 2005, DWS has been using a new approach to transform the lives of its low-income citizens – utilizing Temporary Assistance to Needy Family (TANF) money to fund the Career Pathways Initiative and provide Arkansans with needed job credentials, and a career path.
The Arkansas Career Pathways program is administered by the Arkansas Department of Higher Education (ADHE) and the state’s 22 community colleges plus three university technical centers. Together, they help fill in-demand jobs and boost local economies.
CPI operates at 25 sites across the state of Arkansas, including 22 community colleges, and three technical centers operated by state universities.
For more information on Arkansas' community and technical colleges, please visit arkansascc.org.
LIST OF COLLEGES
- Arkansas Northeastern College (Bytheville)
- Arkansas State University Beebe
- Arkansas State University Mid-South (West Memphis)
- Arkansas State University Mountain Home
- Arkansas State University Newport
- Arkansas Tech University (Ozark)
- Black River Technical College (Pocahontas)
- College of the Ouachitas (Malvern)
- East Arkansas Community College (Forrest City)
- National Park College (Hot Springs)
- North Arkansas College (Harrison)
- NorthWest Arkansas Community College (Bentonville)
- Ozarka College (Melbourne)
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas (Helena/West Helena)
- South Arkansas Community College (El Dorado)
- Southeast Arkansas College (Pine Bluff)
- Southern Arkansas University Tech (Camden)
- University of Arkansas Monticello College of Technology (Crossett)
- University of Arkansas Monticello College of Technology (McGehee)
- University of Arkansas Community College Batesville
- University of Arkansas Community College Hope/Texarkana
- University of Arkansas Community College Morrilton
- University of Arkansas Cossatot (DeQueen)
- University of Arkansas Pulaski Technical College (North Little Rock)
- University of Arkansas Rich Mountain (Mena)